Ocena wątku:
  • 0 głosów - średnia: 0
The Los Angeles Kings pulled the trigger to get a veteran scoring winger, one that is
The Los Angeles Kings pulled the trigger to get a veteran scoring winger, one that is a few years away from his best production. Authentic Detroit Lions Jerseys . Numbers Game breaks down the Kings deal for Marian Gaborik. The Kings Get: RW Marian Gaborik. Gaborik, 32, has been one of the premier goal-scorers in the league, but is also a couple years removed from real top level production. From 2001-2002 through 2011-2012, he scored 306 goals in 651 games, his 0.47 goals per game ranked fourth among players that played in at least 500 games over that span. In the past two seasons, however, Gaborik has a meagre 18 goals and 41 points in 69 games, not near his previous level of production and its not just by some run of bad luck. Gaborik is averaging 2.14 shots on goal per game this season, easily the lowest mark of his career, and his 16:25 time on ice per game is his lowest since his rookie season of 2000-2001. Hes also missed time with a broken collarbone, returning to the lineup after the Olympics. Going to Los Angeles, Gaborik has an opportunity to add a new dimension to the Kings, a grinding team that doesnt have anyone that can match Gaboriks speed. If he can recapture some of his goal-scoring touch, playing for a dominant possession team, then Gaborik might rehabilitate some of his rep as a scorer while, at the same time, providing a much-needed offensive boost for a team that ranks 27th with 2.32 goals per game this season. If Gaborik moves into a top line role with the Kings, that should mean that a winger that has been playing in the top six -- one of Tyler Toffoli, Dustin Brown, Justin Williams -- will get bumped into a third-line role and that is a positive in terms of the Kings overall forward depth. Gaborik is in the final year of a deal that pays him $7.5-million per season, but half of his salary was retained by the New York Rangers, in order to facilitate his trade to Columbus, so hes not particularly cost prohibitive three quarters of the way through the season. The Blue Jackets Get: RW Matt Frattin, a second-round (Torontos 2014 or 2015 pick) and a conditional third-round pick in 2014 or 2015. Frattin is a 26-year-old winger who had shown some offensive ability with Toronto (scoring 15 goals and 28 points in 82 games) before this current season in Los Angeles, during which hes scored two goals and six points in 40 games. While Frattins lack of production can be tied to a low on-ice shooting percentage (4.59%), his relative possession stats were not good despite getting easy minutes -- not facing tough competition and starting 58.2% of his shifts in the offensive zone. At this point, Frattin is basically a fringe NHL winger and hell have to compete for playing time with the likes of Corey Tropp and Blake Comeau. Frattin, at an $875,000 cap hit through the end of the season, will be a restricted free agent in the summer. The second and third-round picks, combined, present about a 40% chance of yielding an NHL player, so its entirely possible that the Blue Jackets could go into next season with little to show in return for Gaborik, but thats a reflection of the decline in Gaboriks productivity. If he was the same as the three-time 40-goal scorer that he has been in the past, then the Blue Jackets a) would have been more inclined to keep him or b) would have been able to extract a more substantial price in return. Scott Cullen can be reached at Scott.Cullen@bellmedia.ca and followed on Twitter at http://twitter.com/tsnscottcullen. For more, check out TSN Fantasy on Facebook. Calvin Johnson Jersey . - The width of Alec Martinezs shin guard was the difference between the Los Angeles Kings and the Anaheim Ducks in their playoff series opener. Jamal Agnew Jersey .While Rosberg is coming off a strong victory at the Brazilian Grand Prix, Hamilton is dwelling on a mistake that ended his streak of five consecutive wins and kept him from increasing his advantage. http://www.cheaplionsjerseyssale.com/?ta...ersey-sale . -- John Senden never imagined it would take more than seven years to win again.CHICAGO -- Chris Sale lost his chance at a shutout. He still had a shot at a complete game. After allowing a single, double and sacrifice fly in the ninth inning, Sale buckled down. He got a weak grounder to seal the victory as the Chicago White Sox beat the Seattle Mariners 7-1 on Friday night. "Thats kind of the goal as a starting pitcher is to finish as many of them as you can, and anytime you can get your bullpen a couple days off in a row, its nice, especially in this part of the season," Sale said. Sale (8-1) struck out a season-high 12 and allowed six hits and no walks in his fourth double-digit strikeout game of the season and 14th of his career. He struck out 10 three times this season. Jose Abreu hit his 27th home run and Dayan Viciedo and Paul Konerko also homered for the White Sox, who have won five of seven. Willie Bloomquist went 2 for 4 for the Mariners, who saw their four-game winning streak snapped. Rookie Roenis Elias (7-7) allowed five runs in five innings. He struck out six and walked one. Viciedo went 4 for 4 including a leadoff homer in the fourth inning that gave the White Sox a 1-0 lead. His 10th homer came on a 2-1 pitch. The White Sox added four runs in the fifth. Adam Eaton hit an RBI double and Gordon Beckham followed with a sacrifice fly after Moises Sierra singled and Tyler Flowers was hit by a pitch. Abreu then extended his hitting streak to 18 games with a two-run home run that put the White Sox ahead 5-0. He was tied for the major-league lead for homers entering Friday. Abreu has eight home runs and 18 RBIs during his hitting streak, the longest active in the majors. "I wasnt even aware of it until my dad told me," Abreu said through a translator. "He was like, You are getting hits. Im trying to do something to help every day, whether its an RBI, playing defensively. "Im trying to do something that helps the team. Thats mmy goal. Michael Roberts Jersey. " The Mariners put runners at second and third in the sixth after two singles and a wild pitch, but Sale struck out Robinson Cano to end the inning. Konerko hit a two-run home run, his fifth, off Charlie Furbush for a 7-0 lead in the eighth. Sale allowed a single to Bloomquist and a one-out double to Cano in the ninth. Sale stayed in the game after manager Robin Ventura visited the mound. Sale gave up a sacrifice fly to Corey Hart, and Cano moved to third as the throw from right fielder Sierra sailed past the plate. Sale got Kyle Seager to ground out to end the game. "Every time I face him, hes got the same slider," Cano said about Sale. "Sometimes you face a guy and one day he doesnt have it. This is a guy, he always has his slider. Nothing straight. His slider is the best pitch he has. He confuses every lefty. You dont know when its a fastball and when its a slider." The Mariners had six left-handers in their lineup against Sale. Hart returned from the disabled list to give the Mariners another right-handed bat. Sale was limiting left-handers to an .089 average this season entering Friday. "I wouldnt say I was by any means laughing at it or anything, but thats definitely the first time its happened this year," Sale said about the lineup. "So I just tried not to put too much emphasis on it. "I knew I was probably going to throw a few sliders today more than normal, but thats about it." The White Sox improved to 28-7 against the Mariners since 2010. NOTES: The White Sox batted Abreu, the AL Rookie of the Month, third in the lineup for the third straight game. "I dont think theres any set way of doing it with him, but I know I like guys on when he comes to the plate," Ventura said. . Mariners RHP Felix Hernandez (10-2, 2.10) will start against White Sox LHP Jose Quintana (5-7, 3.44) on Saturday. Cheap Adidas Hockey Jerseys Wholesale College Jerseys Cheap Nike Basketball Jerseys Cheap Football Jerseys Free Shipping Cheap Baseball Jerseys Cheap Jerseys Free Shipping Cheap Jerseys From China Wholesale Nike NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys China Wholesale Nike NBA Jerseys Cheap NHL Jerseys Authentic Cheap MLB Jerseys Authentic Wholesale Soccer Jerseys China Cheap NCAA Jerseys China Stitched NFL Jerseys Cheap Custom Jerseys China Cheap Basketball Jerseys Authentic NFL Jerseys China Cheap College Jerseys Wholesale Football Jerseys ' ' '
Odpowiedz

Skocz do:

Użytkownicy przeglądający ten wątek: 1 gości