Ocena wątku:
  • 0 głosów - średnia: 0
United States captain Davis Love III remains hopeful that Tiger Woods can make the A
United States captain Davis Love III remains hopeful that Tiger Woods can make the American team to face Europe in the Ryder Cup at Hazeltine in September. Soccer Jerseys China . Woods has been named as one of Loves vice-captains for the tournament - alongside Jim Furyk and Steve Stricker - but he could make history by also featuring as one of the 12 USA players if he proves his fitness.The 14-time major winner has not competed since undergoing two procedures on his back in September and October last year. However, he fuelled speculation about a comeback after registering for the US Open in June, before playing five holes with friend Mark OMeara at Bluejack National Golf Club in Texas on Monday. Woods (left) is aiming to be selected for the Ryder Cup by Davis Love III (right) Love said: [Tiger] keeps telling me I am going to be the first playing assistant captain. He wants to be on the team playing, not driving a golf cart, so I expect if he gets healthy hes going to make a good run for it. I wouldnt bet against Tiger Woods in anything.If he can get out and play 10 or 15 tournaments - which will be a lot after what he has been through - I think he can make the team, and we would love to have him. If everybody on the team says we want Tiger Woods, you dont go without him. If everybody on the team says I dont know, I think hes hurt, you know the group will make the decision.But Tiger, I think at this point in his career, he knows what he is capable of. He will come and say my backs not ready, Im not going to make it, or he will come and say Im ready to go if you want me.Former world No 1 Woods has played in seven Ryder Cups but the United States have won only one of those seven, while his individual record is mixed with only 13 wins in his 33 matches. Woods has registered for the US Open Despite that sketchy record, Love remains eager to have the 40-year-old on board at Hazeltine as either just a vice-captain or as a member of the team as the US look to win back the trophy from Europe.He said: Tiger Woods is the captain on the course. He can be a leader - we need Phil Mickelson, Tiger Woods types.I want him on the team either way because hes a great influence. He obviously brings a lot of incredible passion to our team and confidence. He may have registered for the US Open but Tiger Woods still doesnt know when hell be back playing competitive golf again. Tiger doesnt have to be in the top eight or 10 in the points to make the team. He just needs to be playing and playing well and he will know - as an assistant captain I guess he will get a vote - if hes ready.We will know if hes ready and wed love to have him because he brings an aura with him to our team, that we really need. Darren Clarke hopeful Woods will be make US Ryder Cup team And Europe captain Darren Clarke believes Woods inclusion in the US team would make the event special.Speaking to Sky Sports News HQ, he said: It would be wonderful. Any time you have Tiger Woods playing in any tournament it makes it that more special, but for a Ryder Cup it would be even more so.Hes a good friend of mine and hes been through a tough time with his rehabilitation... and to see him back is good for the game of golf and thats whats most important.Masters champion Danny Willett will be a guest on Sky Sports News HQ tonight and will be in the studio at 7.15pm. He will then join Robert Lee in the golf studio for the Zurich Classic of New Orleans. Get a Sky Sports Week Pass Dont miss this weeks Golf. Watch live on NOW TV from £6.99. No contract Also See: Woods making progress Tiger wishes he could retire Woods registers for US Open French Open a no-brainer Fake Soccer Jerseys . Asdrubal Cabrera had four hits and three RBIs, Michael Brantley also homered and the Indians beat the injury-riddled Minnesota Twins 9-4 Thursday for their first three-game winning streak this season. Cheap Soccer Jerseys Authentic .com) - His team lost in the round of 16 of the FCS playoffs, yet Northern Iowa football coach Mark Farley says his team has made a strong case to be voted to the top 5 in the final rankings. https://www.soccerjerseyschina.us/ .Y. - Alex Rodriguez paid $305,000 for evidence that could be used in the case involving the Biogenesis of America drug clinic, the Daily News reported Saturday.ST. LOUIS -- Lance Lynn needed only 16 days to get even with the San Diego Padres. The St. Louis right-hander pitched six strong innings to help the Cardinals beat the Padres 4-2 on Friday night for their third straight win. Matt Adams, Kolten Wong and Oscar Taveras hit RBI singles for St. Louis. San Diego has lost two in a row after a five-game winning streak. Lynn (13-8) gave up one run and six hits, striking out six and walking one. The Padres handed him a 3-1 defeat on July 29. Lynn actually felt as though he pitched better in San Diego last month when he allowed one earned run and four hits over six innings. "Tonight was a grind from the get-go," Lynn said. "It could have been better." St. Louis manager Mike Matheny disagreed, saying Lynn was at the top of his game. "Lance was great," he said. "Another good night of using his fastball, mixing in the two-seam and four-seam. He had a real nice feel for all of his pitches." Lynn has allowed two runs or fewer in 11 of his last 13 starts. "He just goes out there and battles every day and gives us solid starts," Wong said. "You have a pitcher like that, it definitely increases the morale of the team and makes us want to continue to play well." The Padres took a grind-it-out approach at the plate, fouling off 21 pitches in Lynns 102-pitch stint. Pat Neshek posted his fourth save. Regular closer Trevor Rosenthal was given the night off after two successive appearances. Pinch-hitter Yasmani Grandal homered with two outs in the ninth for the Padres. After Chris Nelson doubled, Neshek struck out Will Venable. Tyson Ross (11-11) gave up three runs and five hits over six innings. He walked four and hit two batters. Ross walked the first three batters iin the first, and Adams hit an RBI single. Replica Soccer Jerseys. Jhonny Peralta followed with a run-scoring groundout. "I didnt have fastball command the first inning," Ross said. "It was that simple. I put myself in a big hole, and they capitalized on it." Wong pushed the lead to 3-0 with an RBI single in the fourth. It was his team-high 27th RBI with two outs. San Diego got within 3-1 on a double by Venable in the fifth. Lynn retired Tommy Medica and Seth Smith with runners on second and third to preserve the lead. The Padres have scored in the ninth inning in the first two games of the series. "These guys play hard," San Diego manager Bud Black said of the Cardinals. "They play all 54 outs and beyond at times. Thats just the way we play. Its what we do." Taveras had a pinch-hit single in the eighth. The Cardinals are 22-7 at home against San Diego since 2006. TRAINERS ROOM Padres: 1B Yonder Alonso is on the 15-day disabled list after straining his right forearm in Tuesdays 4-1 win over the Rockies. It is his second stint on the DL this season. He missed 30 games with right wrist tendinitis from June 19 to July 26. Cardinals: C Yadier Molina was able to do some light throwing on Thursday, 35 days after undergoing surgery to repair a torn ligament in his right thumb. Matheny indicated that Molina is progressing at a faster rate than first expected. He was projected to miss eight to 12 weeks, but appears ahead of schedule. "I cant wait to grab a bat and see how the hand reacts," Molina said. UP NEXT St. Louis RHP Shelby Miller (8-9, 4.17) faces RHP Jesse Hahn (7-3, 2.52) in the third game of the four-game series on Saturday. Miller has given up a team-high 17 home runs and walked a team-high 58 batters in 133 2-3 innings. ' ' '
Odpowiedz

Skocz do:

Użytkownicy przeglądający ten wątek: 1 gości